In most cases, you are well protected against damage by water through our home insurance policies. The items in your home are insured with contents insurance. Your house itself is insured with home insurance.
What water damage does your insurance reimburse?
Home insurance and household insurance cover part of the water damage. You are insured for, among other things, damage caused by water at:
- rain, snow, hail, or meltwater entering your home
- heavy rainfall
- water from water beds and aquariums
- water that enters through blockage of sewage wells or pipes
- Immediate help after water damage
Damage to your home must be resolved immediately with Water Restoration Company. They can help you with that. Water damage is often a lot of work to be done. You must call in a professional to repair the water damage. Fortunately, there is a service Direct Damage Recovery. They will gladly take over the repair for you.
How does the Direct Damage Repair service work in the event of water damage?
There are companies who work with professional refinishers.
- You can easily report your water damage online too
- We immediately determine together with you whether the water damage is eligible for Direct Damage Repair
- The same day we arrange an emergency solution to further limit the water damage. The leak is also immediately traced
- You will be called within 5 working days after the damage has been reported so that professionals can determine the damage
- They will then engage a repairer who will repair your damage quickly and professionally
- After the damage has been repaired, we pay the costs directly to the repairer. You do not have to advance any money
- Do you use Direct Damage Recovery? Then the deductible is reduced by half
What to do in the event of water damage?
- Take measures to limit the damage
- Take pictures of the damage
- Report your damage as soon as possible. Read more about reporting damage to your home contents insurance
Are you renting a house?
If you rent a home, the belongings in your home are insured if you have taken out home contents insurance. Is there damage to your furniture or to the equipment in the kitchen due to a leak? Then you can report this through your home contents insurance. You will then be reimbursed for the costs of repair and recovery. Has the house been damaged? Then contact the landlord. He can recover damage to the house from his own home insurance.
Prevent water damage in the home
In many cases, you can limit or even prevent water damage in and around your home. If you maintain your home properly, the risk of water damage is smaller.
Tips and Precautions
- Close windows and doors properly when you leave
- Clean your gutter regularly
- Maintain your pipes well
- Have your boiler checked and cleaned annually by an installer
- Make sure your tiling has a good sealant edge
- Install a water lock on your washing machine and dishwasher
- Drain pipes in case of frost
- Are you away from home for a long time? Then turn off the main tap