Princeton University was established in 1746 and is one of the oldest institutions for higher education in the United States. It is an innovator in research that gives specialization in multiple courses, including engineering, social sciences, humanities, and natural sciences. This University also offers some professional courses. One of the most eye-catching aspects of this University is that it also requires its undergraduates to write a thesis. It provides its students with many facilities, and free accommodation is one.
One of the most crucial factors that make up for this University’s reputation is its alumni. Michele Obama, who is the former first lady of the United States, Jeff Bezos ( Amazon CEO ), and Eric Schmidt ( Google Chairman ) are some of the most notable alumni of Princeton University.
Top courses offered by the Princeton University
As mentioned above, multiple courses are provided by Princeton University. This enables students to pursue whatever career path they want. The number of Princeton University courses is vast. However, we will just discuss the top five courses offered by the University.
- Masters in Computer Science: This is a 2 years full-time program and is a co-op work option. Some of the main subjects offered by this course are Vision and Graphics, Computer Systems and networks, Artificial intelligence, Database systems, Human-computer interaction, etc. The ratio between students and faculty is 16:1. This connects the gap between students and teachers. Some of the career positions possible by taking this program include Cybersecurity consultant, multimedia programmer, AI engineer, IT consultant, etc. The fee for this program is 41.1 lakh INR per year.
- Master in Finance: This is a 2-year program offered to the students who want to be master’s in the finance industry. Prior internship experience in Finance, although not compulsory, is good to have for this program. Some of the central subjects offered by this course include risk management, financial engineering, quantitative trading, etc. Some of the notable career positions obtained by this course are Public Accounting, Portfolio Management, Financial Planning, Risk Management, Stock Broking, etc. The fee for this course is 41.1 lakh INR per year.
- Bachelor of Arts ( Economics ): This course at Princeton University is offered as a 4-year full-time program. Some of the courses offered by this program are Legal studies, Economic History, Global Finance, Money and Banking, Economic policies, etc. It is one of the most popular subjects which attracts students from diversified backgrounds with different interests. Career options include data analysts, financial risk analysts, etc. The fee for this course is 37.6 lakh INR per year.
- PhD in Applied and computational maths: This is a 4-year full-time program with a course fee of 37.4 lakh INR per year. Mechanics and field theories, numerical analysis and signal processing, discrete mathematics, combinatorics, computational geometry, and graphics are few of the promising subjects offered to the students in this program. Each student must take preliminary exams to assess their knowledge and judge what subjects they should take up in the next year.
- PhD in Plasma Physics: This is a 4-year program offered by Princeton University and is one of the most in-demand Princeton University courses. Fresh graduates who take up this program spend the first two years in classroom study, followed by thesis and exams in the next two years. Some notable subjects that make up this program are classical and quantum mechanics, electricity and magnetism, fluid dynamics, atomic physics, statistical mechanics, kinetic theory, etc. The fee for this course is 37.4 lakhs INR per year.
Discussed above are the top five most important courses offered by Princeton University. The diversity in the nature and type of topics attracts students worldwide to take up these courses. This blog will be informative for any students aiming for one of these courses at Princeton University.