Planning for a wedding is exciting and daunting at the same time. After all, there are many things to do, like picking the venue, menu, and decorations. Apart from that, you have to obviously purchase a beautiful wedding dress and a pair of dazzling wedding shoes. Well, you will find so many wonderful dresses and shoes that you can easily get baffled about buying the right one. So, with the help of this article, you can get some tips on choosing the best wedding dress and shoes.
How to choose a wedding dress?
While choosing a wedding dress, you must consider your comfort, among other factors. Below listed are a few factors.
- Set a budget: The first and foremost factor to consider is setting a budget. You need to figure out how much you want to spend. After all, a wedding ensemble typically includes undergarments, a veil, and other accessories, which account for approximately 15 per cent of the total wedding cost. In case your dress requires alterations, you might have to add an extra couple of dollars. After the arrival of the dress, it might require steaming or professional pressing. It means that you might have to spend more dollars.
- Focus on fit, not size: If you purchase a ready-to-wear dress size of 8, you might require bridal wear of size 12. Well, you must not consider the numbers. Also, if you intend to lose weight before the wedding, you can place an order for the one that fits now rather than later. A gown can be taken in easily, but it can be costly or difficult to let out.
- Reflect on your style: Before you head to the bridal salon, you can wear your favourite outfit from your closet. Your bridal stylist will get to know your personal style. You can wear a minimalistic and clean style dress if your closet consists of solid clothing. In case you adore a loud print, you can buy a dress with an off-white lace and nude underlay.
- Consider how you want to look in the photos: You can take pictures when you try the dress by twirling, swaying, and sitting down. With the help of the photo, you can determine if the dress is perfect or not. You can also move around wearing the gown to make sure it is conducive for movement and comfort.
How to choose a pair of wedding shoes?
Purchasing shoes can be an effortless task when you consider the important factors. You can read further to learn some of them.
- Comfort is key for the perfect shoes: You can consider your everyday style. If you like wearing stilettos for your wedding, ensure that the heel has extra padding for comfort. In case you are fond of sneakers and sandals, you can look for shoes of a lower height. You can also consider a low heel option if you want a pair of heels with a lower height.
- They can complement your style: You can find wedding shoes that complement your wedding dress and style. You can look at some of the elements of the dress, such as the classic lace or elegant rhinestone embroidery. To avoid a total mix-match, you can look for elements that match your style and taste and, most of all, complement your dress.
- Get them worn in: You must wear them several times on a clean and carpeted surface. You can test the comfort of the shoes. If you are not satisfied with your pair, then you can return them. You can try dancing with them in case you want to go all out.
- You are not limited to a pair: You can have a pair for the ceremony and another for the reception. In case you opt for heels during the ceremony, you can wear wedding flats for the reception. It allows you to be more comfortable while dancing.