Resourceful utilization of every player on a farm is a great path to efficient production. How is this possible? Note that, the word “waste” does not exist in a thriving farmer’s booklet. Therefore, everything circulates in this niche. Chaff cutter dealers avail one of the vital machine equipment that is a key player.
The continuous popularity of this machine defines its performance satisfaction. Therefore, before you go out for one, it is a necessity to be familiar with the available types in the market, and most importantly, purchase tips.
The working principle
Chuff cutters are agricultural machines used for chopping animal feed, hay, maize stem, or straws. Consequently, you can mix the cut portion with fodder or other healthy minerals.
The hay is fed into the machine by either hand or conveyor belt. Then, rollers compress the intake and guide it through the cutting unit for chopping into required sizes. The outcome is as shown in the image below.
whenever you interact with any chaff cutter dealers in Kenya, they will always ask these:
1. The size that suits you. Chaff cutters range from medium, small and large. This ensures no limitation to any farmer, regardless of their farm size.
2. Which cutter do you prefer? The common ones in the market are disc and roller type cutters. Their design feature differs but performs similar functions.
3. How would you like to feed it? There are automatic cutters that use conveyors, semi-automatic rely on human a percentage of human effort whereas artificial ones fully require feeding by man. Your work plan will determine the most suitable model for you.
4. How would you prefer to drive it? It can either be an electric or fuel cutter.
When in a position to answer the above, then you are almost set to approach a dealer for your new equipment.
1. Tractor operated – if you are after the largest machine, then this chaff cutter is suitable. It is defined by large tires (for high movements and advanced feeding), three-blade cutters, it is powered by diesel and can handle multiple tasks.
2. Manually operated – the flywheel operated by hand defines it. Other design elements include lightweight, robust structure and high precision blade cutters. It is suitable for medium and small-scale farmers.
3. Blower type – is characterized by uniform chaff cutting, long life service, and multipurpose. Its recommendation lies for small-scale farmers.
4. Automated cutters – these take the lead as they perform in almost all setups. Diesel and petrol engines power them and this enhances their portability for use.
How do people mess by buying the wrong equipment? Maybe, let us say it is ignorance, but your decision may lead you to either a proficient production or a total waste of time. Here are quick tips you must have before you approach a dealer:
Power consumption and ratings. Ideal ones have an engine capacity range of 5Hp-10Hp and a 3Hp-10Hp motor capacity. Check whether it is fuel or electric driven.Automation, for small duties you may prefer manually operated while automatic ones for heavy-duty.Blade design – blade size range from 12-20 inches. It should be capable of cutting small size feed for ease of animal digestion.Noise levels – it should try to eliminate noise as it pollutes the environment.Design – should be compact with durable material. This should also incorporate safety features such as protection of delicate parts, belts, and gears.Workload – multipurpose duty equipment are preferable. They can handle a range of animal feed.
Agriculture is the main source of human food, handling requires care and interest. This involves efficient production by use of a modern piece of equipment and techniques. Chaff cutter dealers in Kenya have gone a step ahead to avail you of one of the delicate machines, your duty is only to implement it on your farm.
For more information, contact www.chaffcutters.co.ke