An Information Technology (IT) business analyst works closely with management and organization stakeholders to ascertain their business requirements and find business solutions accordingly. Business analysts help in bridging the gap between the business and IT department by utilizing the collected data while looking after the selection and implementation of different softwares and hardware resources. Ideally, an IT business analyst is expected to be detail oriented and exceptionally innovative and is required to convert business requirements into IT solutions and vice versa. To become a successful IT business analyst, along with a formal degree in IT or business, opting for a comprehensive business analyst certification will be a great help.
With the help of this article, we’ll walk you through the key roles and responsibilities of IT business analysts in a detailed manner and help you understand what it requires to CBAP Course in Kuala Lumpur become one and what is the average pay.
IT Business Analyst Roles and Responsibilities
The key roles and responsibilities of IT business analysts involves:
- Collecting relevant data from corporate executives and middle-level managers about business needs and future requirements.
- Teaming up with application directors and creators for ensuring every project meets specific requirements and gets accomplished successfully.
- Taking over the responsibilities of projects and assuring that they are completed in the stipulated time frame.
- Assessing software, hardware and IT processes and giving appropriate recommendations.
- Compiling and distributing reports on application development as well as deployment.
- Designing and executing A/B testing procedures for extracting data from test runs.
- Evaluating and drawing inferences from data pertaining to customer behaviour.
- Consulting with the executive team and the IT department on the latest technologies and their applications in the industry.
Primary Requirements for Becoming an IT Business Analyst
To be eligible for the role of an IT business analyst, you will be needed to meet the following requirements:
- A formal degree in Computer Engineering, business administration, or any related domain.
- Work experience of 5 years or more in IT management
- Work experience of 10 years or more in a technology related role.
- Exceptional skills to solve problems
- Analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Profound verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- Prior experience with tools like SQL, Nintex, SharePoint, and BPM
IT Business Analyst Salary
On average, an IT business analyst in India earns ₹605,308 in a year. In the table given below, let’s look at the salary of IT business analysts based on their professional experience.
We hope that by the end of this article, you are well aware of an IT business analyst’s key roles and responsibilities.