Fitness apps are becoming increasingly popular these days. By 2026, the global fitness app market is expected to be worth US$ 14.7 billion.
If you’re reading this, you’re probably curious about the cost of developing a fitness app. Fitness apps are now an excellent source of consistent income. However, how much does it cost to develop a fitness trainer app?
Let’s take a look!
Steps To Develop a Fitness Trainer App
Fitness apps are a must-have these days. So, why not shine the spotlight? But, first, let’s look at what we need to keep in mind when creating an app.
1. Do Your Research On Application
So, to thrive in a world of fierce competition, you must ensure that the app’s concept and features stand out from the crowd.
Also, it is essential to determine the different types of fitness apps:
Workout and Exercise Apps
Workout apps provide you with various workout routines and exercises based on your fitness level and target specific body areas. In addition, apps such as ‘MapMyFitness’ and ‘Sworkit’ are available.
Visit the Site: Khatrimaza
Diet And Nutrition Apps
Diet and nutrition apps enable users to track their eating habits, calories burned/taken, water balance, body weight, and so on. ‘MyFitnessPal’ and ‘HealthifyMe’ are two examples.
Activity Tracking Apps
Activity tracking apps provide users with a detailed report on their daily physical activity, such as stairs climbed and hours slept, the number of steps taken, distance and speed run, and calories burned. In addition, ‘Runtastic’ and ‘GoogleFit’ assist in tracking a user’s physical activities.
Yoga And Meditation Apps
These apps offer tutorials, videos, and images on how to perform various yoga postures correctly.
2. Availability Of Features
The more features you have, the better your performance will be. So, these are some of the must-have features in every fitness app.
- A Personal Profile includes information such as height, weight, age, gender, allergies, and so on.
- A Dashboard is for tracking all live sessions, chats, managing orders.
- User registration can be done via email or through social media platforms such as Facebook and Twitter.
- Wearable devises Integration to connect the app with a fitness tracker to track users’ activities.
- Workout tracker measures distance traveled by walking, running, cycling, and other activities.
- A Meal Planner that will assist the user in creating a meal plan based on their body’s needs.
- Geolocation integration allows you to track your walking and cycling routes.
- Live video tutorials to guide you through the workout process and correct your posture.
- Payment Gateway Integration allows you to accept payments via cards, wallets, or online banking.
- Ecommerce option for purchasing fitness-related products.
- Push notifications that notify you of your daily, weekly, and monthly goals.
- Marketing and Promotional Tools to include coupons, loyalty programs, cashback, and referrals.
3. Hire Fitness App Developers
Hiring a good fitness app development company can be a time-consuming process.
Furthermore, this is the most expensive part of the app development process when developing a fitness trainer app.
Your activity tracking app should be compatible with all devices. Make sure that the experts you’ve hired are capable of developing a fitness mobile service that works across multiple platforms.
Your interface should be appealing and straightforward. It is imperative to focus on UI/UX if you have a limited budget and cannot afford to create a fitness app with complex functionality.
4. Time To Develop A Fitness App
#1: Technical Documentation
- Business analysis, specification and design prototype – 60 hours
- UI/Ux design – 80 hours
#3: Development Stage
- Frontend development – 200 hours
- Backend development 400 hours
- iOS platform – 400 hours
- Android form – 480 hours
#4: Testing – 80 hours
#5: Support and Maintenance – 30 to 50 hours
How Much Does It Cost To Develop A Fitness Trainer App?
The cost of developing fitness apps is determined by four major factors: the fitness app development company, the complexity and availability of features, the time required, and the cross-platform feature.
Let’s take a look at a breakdown of costs in developing a typical fitness app:
- Specifications and prototype designs (40 hours) — $1000 to $2000
- UI/UX Design (80 Hours) — $1500–$3000
- Front-end and back-end development (400 hours) — $10,000-$20,000
- Testing (80 hours) — $2000–$4000
- Fixing bugs and updating (40 hours) — $1000 to $2000
Thus, the basic estimate for a fitness app with average features will range from $20,000 to $30,000 for a single platform (Android or iOS). However, if you choose a cross-platform solution, the cost could rise to $50,000.
So, we told you a lot about the cost of developing a fitness trainer app and gave you a few pointers on how to get things done. Developing a fitness trainer app appears to be a daunting task. However, with the support of a good Top Mobile App Development Company, it becomes much easier.
Read More About: sattamataka143