There is no longer a time when IV therapy was only used in hospitals. A growing number of health-conscious individuals are experiencing the benefits of IV therapy as a way of getting vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and even medications they need to feel better and maintain good health. An infusion of vitamins delivers nutrients directly to the bloodstream. Bypassing the digestive system, your body can easily absorb more vitamins. With IV Therapy your body absorbs all the nutrients it needs before the rest is flushed out by your kidneys.
Common Uses of IV Therapy
What is the purpose of IV therapy? Most commonly, they include:
- Hangover relief: Dry mouth, headache and upset stomach are all telltale signs of a hangover. Hangovers can make it difficult to concentrate and ruin your whole day. A glass of water or a cup of coffee with a pain reliever and getting back to bed are usually the go-to hangover remedies, but IV therapy can also provide relief. Hydration, vitamins, and medication are included in a hangover IV therapy to relieve nausea, heartburn, and headache symptoms.
- Athletic performance recovery: Exercising intensely can cause a sore and drained body. During the recovery period, sports athletes can benefit from several different kinds of IV therapy. Fluids help you hydrate, while vitamins, antioxidants, and amino acids repair tissue damage and promote energy.
- Immune system support: Our immune system fights infection and keeps us healthy, but we still get sick sometimes. IV therapy can support your immune system whether you are concerned about getting sick, particularly during cold and flu season. Vitamins and minerals are infused into your IV for immune system support to boost your immunity and reduce the chance of getting sick.
- Cold and flu relief: If you find yourself suffering from cold or flu symptoms, IV therapy may be able to help. It keeps your body hydrated. Vitamins and minerals are also present in it to help your immune system fight off illness. In addition to this, anti-inflammatory and anti-nausea medications can help relieve cold and flu symptoms like coughing, body aches, headache, and fever.
- Migraine and headache relief: Migraines and headaches are extremely painful. Many other factors play a role in these conditions, including stress, diet, the environment, and certain medications. In order to provide relief from migraines and headaches, IV therapy involves vitamins and medication to minimize inflammation and ease pain. In addition to anti-nausea medication, the IV therapy package includes nausea medications.
Does IV therapy last for long and how long does it take?
Drips of amino acids, vitamins, minerals, and fluids are administered via IV therapy. You will be required to stay connected to your IV for whatever reason you are receiving IV therapy, so the length of your therapy depends on your needs. A typical 45 minute to one hour will be required of your time during this process. IV therapies may take a short amount of time, while others may take longer.
What will happen after IV Therapy?
Again, it depends on the reason for your IV therapy. There may be an immediate effect in some cases. In other cases, it could take longer. A number of factors can affect how long the effects last after completing the procedure.
How to Get an IV Therapy
IV therapy is available in a variety of settings, including:
- Hospitals: Many hospitals offer IV therapy in addition to other treatments. Hospitals treat people who need IV therapy either as inpatients or in emergencies.
- Urgent care centers: These centers should be able to handle minor injuries. An urgent care facility is more convenient if you need stitches instead of the emergency room of a hospital. In an urgent care center, IV therapy may be offered based on the nature of your visit.
- Medical spas: Medical spas, also known as med spas, provide a wide range of treatments, including massages and IV therapy. This spa and medical clinic also has a mix of non-healthcare and healthcare staff. In the case of IV Therapy, a healthcare professional should administer the treatment.
- IV bars: IV bars provide different IV therapies. Some of these locations are permanently located, while others operate as mobile units.
- At home: Mobile IV Medics, concierge services that come to you. It is possible to undergo IV therapy in the convenience of your own home instead of traveling to another location. If you are located in Arizona, The cure wellness may offer services in your area.
IV therapy benefits many people in a variety of ways, including providing essential nutrients, treating symptoms like dehydration and addressing quality of life issues, or just simply making them feel better.