When it comes to hitting the jackpot when playing casino games, we think it’s fair to say that we all dream big. Whether you want to make a few quid or a few thousand, casino games are a great way to earn some cash!
However, a recent variety of game called ‘progressive casino games’ truly shows itself as a superior way to make big cash. How do these slot games online work? Read on to find out more!
Regular jackpots are by far the most common type of jackpot. A classic example of a regular jackpot can be found on an old-school slot machine. The process would go something like this:
– The player inserts a £1 coin into the slot and pulls the lever
– The player’s spin will now have to match several symbols in a row to hit the jackpot
– If successful, the player will be given a fixed sum of cash, for example £50
– After this, the player may be offered some form of bonus round or additional opportunity to increase their winnings
The key thing to remember about regular jackpots is that they are fixed. Even the most complex regular slot machines will have fixed jackpots – perhaps the user will be offered the chance to win £50, £100 or £250 depending on the symbols and bonus rounds that are triggered. However, there is ultimately no way to increase this maximum jackpot, and the odds always remain the same.
Regular casino games are great fun and are generally an excellent option when looking for a relatively low-risk option. However, if you’re more the kind of casino gamer that looks to win BIG jackpots, then progressive casino games may be a better option for you. A perfect example of a progressive jackpot when it comes to a gameshow is Pointless. At the beginning of a season players will be offered the chance to win £1,000. However, if nobody wins the game, the jackpot of the next episode will be £2,000. This increases daily by £1,000 until somebody eventually wins! This jackpot model is very common in casino games, especially something such as slot machines! A progressive slot machine experience would go something like this:
– Before depositing cash, the player will be informed of what the current jackpot is, in comparison to the initial jackpot.
– The player can choose to go for the jackpot immediately, or wait for more people to lose in order to increase the potential jackpot
– Once begun, the slot game will generally offer various tiers of prizes based on the progressive jackpot, for example Gold, Silver and Bronze.
Overall, progressive casino games are essentially games that offer jackpots that increase every time a bet is unsuccessful! This can be a fantastic way of increasing the amount of money that you could potentially make, but generally comes with a much riskier and less forgiving slot game! So, do you aim small or big? Only you can decide!