Finding the best moving company is a tricky and smart job that needs a lot of hard work. It will take thorough research and comparison to select the best. If you are also planning to hire a national moving company for your upcoming move, make sure you compare and evaluate some moving companies based on some critical parameters. You should not compare moving companies based on their rates and quotes, consider other factors too like the safety of your goods, timely service, and most important is after-move service in case of any damage.
What All Should You Consider
Finding a good relocation company impacts your overall moving experience. Searching and comparing national moving companies at Pricing Van Lines is the first step of your moving process after deciding your move. No matter if you are moving within the city or to another state; the moving company plays an important role in the safe and smooth transportation of your goods. To ensure that your stuff is packed, carried, and moved safely, be sure to do your research work properly when choosing your national movers. Make sure you look for the following features in your chosen company:
- Make sure the company offers you all the services that you will need as not all moving companies are full-service companies. Some companies only provide labour and transportation while others offer additional services like packing of your goods and de-assembling your furniture, etc.
- If moving to another city or state, be sure that the company operates in both the current and destination location.
- The last but very important feature that you should keep in mind is that the company has a quick response system as working with a company that doesn’t reply to your queries quickly can be pretty annoying.
Though these above-said points are very important to consider when choosing a moving, they may not be enough to find an affordable and reputable company. It is wise to select a few local moving companies to compare their rates and services to get the best. It is hard to find a good moving company as every company pretends to be the best when approached for the move. But no matter how much do they claim to be the right choice, there are some certain features that you can notice to understand them well.
How to Compare
Finding the best possible moving company is a difficult job that needs a lot of patience and brainstorming. It will take effort to compare selected moving companies as you should consider comparing them on various parameters including rates and quotes, services and add-on services, reviews, ratings, and feedback of past clients, and their credentials. Along with these parameters, there is a list of things that you should consider when choosing a moving company.
Find the Perfect Moving Company
To compare some potential moving companies, you will need to weigh them on some important scales and to know it in detail; you can refer to the guide given below:
- Ask your family and friends for references and if they can recommend a good moving company. Alternatively, you can search online for some good and reputed moving companies.
- Do not just hire the first moving company that you see online or referred by a friend. Take moving estimates from at least three moving companies to compare their rates, services, and working style.
- Extra cheap rate is a red flag so don’t fall for cheaper rates and similarly, do not agree on large deposits.
- Call company executives for an in-house survey to get a realistic moving quote. Ask all your chosen potential companies to send their representative to visit your home personally to understand the size and type of move. This will ensure any last-minute hassle as it is hard to know the right size of the truck by listening to your list of goods over the call.
- Make sure your chosen moving company is licensed and insured. The company should have a valid U.S. DOT number that is issued by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
- Check your chosen moving company’s work record at the website of Better Business Bureau. This is the best place to know the ratings given to the company and if the company is not registered with the Better Business Bureau, it is recommended to select a company that is registered.
- Prefer the moving company that is approved by the American Moving and Storage Association.
- Verify the address of your chosen moving company as address registered under the residential category is a big red flag. Make sure the company’s address is registered under the commercial category.
- Make sure the company has its own fleet of vehicles and skilled manpower. Many companies act as full-service movers but get the work done by outsourcing workers and vehicles. People often face moving frauds when working with such companies so it is very important to stay away from such companies.