Nowadays, eyesight has become a prevalent problem among people. Did you know that a healthy lifestyle is a key to a healthy vision? Yes, it can alleviate the risk of several eye-related diseases. Age-Related Eye Disease Study (AREDS) conducted the research analysis and found that certain nutrients ensure keeping the eyes healthy. These nutrients are vitamin E, zinc, copper, vitamin C, and beta carotene. These are considered the best to mitigate age-related eye issues among people by 25 percent. In addition, the combination of zeaxanthin, beta carotene, lutein, and omega-3 works much better than any other for the eyes.
Besides the diet, eyewear also plays a significant role in the eye’s health. Although most people wear local colored lenses, that may hurt the eyes. When it comes to lenses, the quality should be impactable, and lenses should be prescribed. You can order colored contacts lenses from Lenskart.
So, we have structured this write-up to dive into the knowledge of the ten best nutrient-rich foods, promising to make your eye’s vision potent. We’ll also demystify the various eye warning signs and additional eye care tips. Let’s get started:
Let’s discuss the Top 10 Foods for the Healthy Eyesight
The AREDS report suggests these below-mentioned foods to keep the eyes in a healthy condition.
- Citrus Fruits: Numerous citrus-related fruits, including lemons, grapes, and oranges, are considered the best to incorporate into the diet. They are rich in vitamin E and C, excellent antioxidants to ward off all age-related eye issues. Hence, you should take these into your regular diet and enjoy healthy eyesight.
- Green Vegetables: Did you know that green leafy vegetables are a good source of lutein and zeaxanthin? Both ingredients are rich in vitamin C and are considered the best for the eyes. Here are some green veggies:
- Plenty Amount of Water: If you drink enough water in a day, you may encounter dehydration, which is the primary cause of dry eyes. Therefore, one should drink 7-8 liters of water daily to avoid dehydration.
- Fish: Incorporating fish into the meal plan is the best way to make eye vision more potent. Fish embodies the omega-3 fatty acids, the healthy fat, playing a significant role in the development of vision. Moreover, it can also prevent dry eye problems.
- Almonds: Like several seeds and nuts, almonds are the best source of vitamin E. The vitamin acts as the guard before the unstable molecules, responsible for converting the healthy tissues into unhealthy ones. So, you can have almonds as a snack in the evening. Nonetheless, ensure you are taking it to the limits as it is high in calories. Enjoying one to two servings in a day is good to go.
- Carrots: Carrots contain vitamin A and beta carotene helps in protect the severe eye health conditions and eye infections. Ensure that you are taking a minimum of one carrot in the day.
- Dairy: Dairy products like yogurt and milk are considered suitable for our eyes. They embody mineral zinc, and vitamin A. Mineral zinc is responsible for bringing the vitamin to the eyes from the liver, saving the cornea. Additionally, zinc protects the eyes from the cornea and cataracts. You can start making yogurt in the morning for breakfast or consider it a snack in the evening.
- Eggs: The yolks in the eyes contain zinc, lutein, zeaxanthin, and vitamin A which is critical for eye health. Consequently, the presence of lutein and zeaxanthin mitigates the risk of severe vision issues like macular degeneration and cataracts. You can intake the egg diet in the morning as breakfast or as a snack in the evening. Moreover, you can also have them in sandwiches and salads.
- Oranges: Orange is one of the best citrus fruits that contributes more to developing healthy blood vessels. It can also fight against the issues responsible for cataract development and several other age-related macular degeneration. So, you can eat oranges or drink their juice to have healthy eyes.
- Seeds: Taking seeds in the diet is beneficial as they are a rich source of vitamins. The seeds are also high in omega-3, including flax, hemp, and chia seeds.
What should be the Daily Intake for Healthy Eyes?
Here is the recommendation for daily intake of nutrients to ensure the optimal eye-health is:
- 500 milligrams (mg) of vitamin C
- 80 mg of zinc oxide
- 2 mg of copper oxide
- 400 international units of vitamin E
- 10 mg lutein
- 2 mg zeaxanthin
Some Handy Tips to Take Care of your Eyes
Our eyes ask for regular care to eliminate vision-related problems. It’s not only the rich diet that helps in keeping the eyes fit but also some other things that are mentioned below:
- Schedule consultations with the eye doctor every six months to ensure they are safe.
- Shuns away the alcohol and smoking habits.
- Healthy body weight and keep doing physical exercise.
- The blood sugar level should be maintained properly.
- Wear renowned and impactable quality sunglasses; buy them from Lenskart.
- Don’t prefer wearing contact lenses without a prescription. To buy the pure color contacts, contact Lenskart,
- Always wear eyewear while working in sports, outdoor activities, and on digital screens.
This article states that a healthy diet and adhering to some eye care are indispensable. You should start incorporating unprocessed food and the items mentioned above in your diet to ensure your eyes are working best. In addition, you should wash yours regularly at least 2 to 3 times. Furthermore, if you use contact lenses, ensure that you use prescribed high-quality lenses. You can order colored contacts from Lenskart as they offer it with a prescription.