The sofa is an integral part of all living rooms and is the centre of attraction. It is also a piece of furniture where you entertain guests, eat, drink or simply lounge with family. It is also a big commitment as it is a major investment in terms of money and energy. So choosing the right one that can last many years will make the investment worthwhile. Wakefit recognizes this and sells sofa sets online that are aesthetically beautiful but inexpensive. But before you purchase a Wakefit sofa’s here is everything you need to know before buying:
Find the Right Fit
You have found the beautiful sofa, fits right into your living room decor, and is made of the fabric that you wanted, but when you make the purchase and try to fit it in, It does not! So you are back to square one. To avoid all this heartache, it is essential to invest in a sofa after checking the size of the sofa against your living room dimension. Measure the available space for your couch sofa using tape. Based on that you can then figure out the configurations that fit the constraints of your space. Here are some tips to buy a sofa that fits:
- For a smaller living room, check the depth of the sofa as the depth remains the same whether you buy a smaller or a larger sofa.
- If your living space has shelves, radiators, etc check the height of the sofa especially if tall people are going to be seated.
- To check if there is enough walking space after the sofa is placed, cut a newspaper in the same shape as a sofa and place it on the place where you want to keep the sofa. That gives you an idea of whether it is enough to move around.
- Factor in the stairways and doors when considering the dimensions.
One of the major considerations of a sofa is the upholstery fabric. It can have a major impact on the overall look and feel of not just the furniture but the entire space. Irrespective of the colour or pattern it should fit your lifestyle. Factors to consider when choosing sofa fabric is:
- Opt for easy cleaning if you have a pet or a child at home. Leatherette Sofa, couch design is ideal for rooms with kids as it is easy to maintain. That helps in cleaning if there are any accidental spills. Another way is to choose a sofa with covers that are washable.
- Silk and velvet are ideal for people who want a family room that is sophisticated but it is more for grown-ups.
- Consider the colour palette of your living space and the aesthetics so that you choose a sofa design that is pleasing to the eye.
A sofa is a piece of furniture that is meant to last long provided that it is made of high quality. When purchasing a sofa, invest smartly and wisely while considering the best within the budget. Among the important things that make a major difference in quality is the frame structure. It can be made of hardwood, metal, or plywood. A solid frame should:
- Withstand general wear and tear.
- Should be easy to move in case you move from your current home.
- It should hold the weight of the people sitting on the couch without making any creaking noise.
Opt for a couch with a solid frame even if it is a little expensive. Also, check if the manufacturer that you are buying from gives you a warranty on the parts.
The Comfort of the Cushion
Most of the time people are only considering aesthetics and style as an important element to factor while the purchase is the comfort. For that, what is inside the sofa matters so that there is maximum comfort. The cushion can be made of feathers, fibre, and foam while comfort is more of a preference, foam is ideal. The foam ensures that there is good plushness and also a good structure to the cushion. Beware of overstuffed cushions as they may look comfortable but may tend to lose their shape.
A sofa is a statement piece and hence the right colour of the fabric like the L shape leatherette sofa makes it more exciting. Most people opt for neutral colours which are good if you have a bright background or the other pieces around the sofa are loud. However, if you want to make the living room pop, choose bright colours. Also, factorize the floor colour when you are choosing the sofa.
If you have a dark carpet or wood flooring, it absorbs light and makes the room darker. A dark sofa on a dark floor appropriate lighting changes have to be made or use a lighter carpet in front of the sofa. On the other hand, if you are choosing a light-coloured sofa, be careful of the stains. A neutral-coloured sofa is a popular choice as it is easy to decorate. However, a sofa can be of any colour if you can accessorize it properly to make it stylish and attractive.
The arms of a sofa are important and should be comfortable to lean against them. There are three different types of arms to choose from:
- English arm: It is the most traditional style, it is slightly rolled and is set back. It blends well with and adds a fancy look to the home in a casual way.
- Rolled arm: It makes the space more relaxed and comfortable. It is a great choice with slipcovered sofas and gives a comfortable place to place your head.
- Track arm: It is also called the straight arm and can be used to create a modern vibe to a traditional space. It blends seamlessly and makes smaller rooms appear bigger as it takes up less overall space.
There is no need to overthink the style of the arm as it can be adjusted with accessories like rugs, artwork, etc.
A sofa is a place where you are going to spend a lot of time and hence it is essential to buy a good quality one. Moreover, it is a major investment and hence it should suit your decor and also be comfortable. Follow the above tips to get a clear picture of the factors that need to be considered before buying one to make the investment worthwhile.