CELPIP is widely taken for immigration goals and study or job-related goals. You can visit the Citizenship Canada portal to know the needed CELPIP score for your application.
Here you shall learn strategies to follow as a CELPIP test taker. One thing is for sure; you must practice as much as possible. Most of you opt for the CELPIP General test, so here are all the sections of the test discussed for you. Once you sign up for the CELPIP test, you can take several sample tests. It will help you get an idea to get familiar with the format.
Remember, CELPIP is an English proficiency test. It assesses your English language capabilities in a specific setting. Some effective tips to prepare for the CELPIP test are:
- This test is simple, but test takers should answer fast.
- If you’re a slow reader, read the question before starting the passage. If you read quickly, go through the passage first.
- Start reading CELPIP material daily. Read blogs, articles, and newspapers to enhance your reading skills.
- Check their pronunciation and meaning if you come across words you don’t know.
- Time yourself as it is a timed test.
Often, speaking test is tough as they’re only given one minute to prepare their response.
- If you don’t think you have good English speaking skills, take online classes and improvise. You can also get online CELPIP material to help you in your speaking lessons.
- Look for sample questions, and know what type of things you’ll be asked.
- Always add details to what you speak.
- When practicing speaking, record your speech and listen to it later to work on your errors.
- Join the CELPIP preparation program to get customized feedback on your speaking skills.
There are two tasks here- write an email and a survey response.
- Skip using the big words you’re unfamiliar with.
- Do not use too many idioms.
- If you are not a native, you may have to improve your writing skills. Make sure your writing is precise, natural, and relevant.
- Go through the high-score CELPIP writing samples.
The listening test in CELPIP is simpler than IELTS.
- Look out for CELPIP material related to listening on the internet and go through them well.
- Practice listening as much as possible.
- Use Canadian audio content to practice your listening.
Joining a CELPIP preparation program is the best way to prepare for the exam. You can choose an online learning material program or hire a certified tutor to help you improve your English proficiency.
- Give as many mock tests as you can. Use the last day to prepare for it.
- Make sure you pay attention to all that the test taker says and asks from you. Of course, they will be faster than you; hence keep your ears and eyes open while you finish the test.
- Increase your exposure to the English language daily to develop a habit of listening, speaking, and reading English.
Regardless of your goals in taking the CELPIP test, choose a good preparation course to get a good score.