All of us love our hair when it is lush, thick, and strong. We do everything to keep such a head of hair, if we got it from birth, or to achieve it if we were not so lucky. Of course, we want to prolong this condition of our curls for as long as possible. That is why the hair on the comb sometimes upsets so much.
Let’s get straight to the point. Even if you find a certain amount of hair that has fallen out after brushing, it’s not a reason to panic. It is quite normal. This means that worrying about everyone is wasting your nerves for nothing! Hair is simply renewed, and this process is natural. However, if their number grows and becomes frighteningly large, it’s time to act. So, let’s talk about why we lose our hair, how to deal with it, and how to prevent the future loss of our luxurious curls.
How Much Hair Loss Is Normal?
Specialists of the American Academy of Dermatologists have determined the normal amount of hair that you can lose per day. his figure ranges from 50 to 100 hairs, and don’t let it scare you, because each of us has at least 100 thousand hair follicles on our head. So, 50-100 hairs will not affect your appeal in any way.
In addition, if you have long hair, its loss may seem more frightening. Such hair can stretch through the entire brush and curl in the most bizarre ways, from which you may think that you have dropped a whole strand. But if you count them out of curiosity, you will realize that your anxiety was in vain.
What is the Life Cycle of a Hair?
Like grass, hair grows from a root or, as it should be properly called, a follicle located underneath the scalp. Next to the follicle are blood vessels that carry all the nutrients that our hair needs. Of course, like all living things, both the hair itself and its follicles have their own life cycle, which has 4 stages:
- Growth (Anagen). This phase lasts 2-7 years. Depending on the correctness of the growth and your nutrition during this period, your hair will reach a definite length.
- The Transition Period (Catagen). It lasts about 10 days. At this time, the follicle decreases and becomes partially autonomous.
- Rest (Telogen). This is a kind of rest for your old hair and a time of transition to the growth phase for new hair. Approximately 10-15% of the hair on your head is in the telogen phase.
- New hair (Exogen). The period is characterized by the process of loss of old hair and the continuation of the new ones’ growth.
As we get older, the anagen becomes shorter. This also affects the condition of the hair, and you can see for yourself how weaker and thinner it has become. That is why the well-being of your hair is worth taking care of as soon as possible, and first, we mean their nutrition from the inside.
As you can see, hair loss is a process dictated by nature itself and accompanies us throughout our lives. However, if you notice that you began losing more of them within the day, and you find them not only on the brush but also on your clothes and in the shower drain, it’s time to think about the reasons and take some action.
Why Can Girls and Women Lose Their Hair?
To cope with the effect, you should first identify the cause. And your problems with hair loss are no exception. Let’s name a few reasons why we lose our strands:
- Hormonal imbalance. Our endocrine system is a very complex and delicate mechanism, and the slightest malfunction in its settings can immediately affect the condition of your hair. Pregnancy, childbirth, thyroid and immune system diseases, and even menopause can lead to hair loss, both permanent and temporary. For example, when the female body recovers after the birth of a child, the hair becomes thick again. However, it happens that the hair falls out in bunches, and it is possible to understand the reason only after some medical examination.
- Hair loss can also be caused by drugs that are used for cancer and heart diseases, high blood pressure, or arthritis. This is their side effect, and when you stop taking them, the hair can recover. The same can be said about birth control pills, especially if they are of poor quality or are selected incorrectly.
- If someone from your family is diagnosed with androgenic alopecia (baldness), then one of its other members may also suffer from it. It is possible to determine such a disease by the pattern of hair loss. For men, this process begins from the forehead, and for women, from the top of the head or from its sides.
- Radiation therapy. One of the ways to fight cancer also has this unpleasant consequence. With favorable treatment, the hair grows back, but it does not always become as thick, strong, and lush as before.
- Severe stress. After huge nervous shocks, not only hair can fall out, but even eyebrows and eyelashes. This may not happen immediately, but in a few months or weeks, the process begins. Sometimes, a course of treatment may be required to make them grow back.
- Frequent hairstyles and the use of styling products. Tight and African braids, dreadlocks, and ruthless bunches – we are capable of doing anything with our hair in pursuit of spectacular images! However, it does not always forgive such an attitude, and therefore it weakens and begins to fall out. Doctors call it traction alopecia. If you are a fan of procedures with hot oil or fire haircuts, be careful because the follicles may suffer, and this is irreversible.
You can determine that you have lost a lot of hair not only by the amount of hair on the comb but also by the condition of the head. If you see that the hairline is receding and bald spots have appeared on the sides and crown, it’s time to run to the doctor for a full medical examination.
How to Stop Hair Loss?
As you already understand, there is nothing good in excessive hair loss. This is the strongest stress and a powerful blow to your self-esteem. Indeed, who would like to reduce their luxurious or neat curls? However, you can try to restore their health and stop this scary process. We hope our tips will come in handy.
Take Care of More Protein in Your Diet
The main building material for our hair is keratin, a natural protein. And it is formed precisely from the protein that we eat. So, if you are a vegetarian, you will have to make a difficult choice and adjust your daily menu.
Try a human hair wig and let your own hair relax,many cheap human hair wigs for choice at Unice
The most popular frontal wig visit here https://www.unice.com/wig-1/13×4-lace-frontal-wigs.html
You don’t have to eat meat or fish to get the right amount of protein. You can get it from yogurt, eggs, or legumes. In total, you will need 40-60 grams of protein per day to nourish your hair from the inside.
Do not Forget about Vitamins
Thanks to special tests, doctors can determine whether you have a deficiency of vitamins and trace elements and, if so, which ones. Most often, hair suffers from a lack of Ferrum, selenium, zinc, and vitamins A, B, C, E, and D.
Try the Mediterranean Diet
There was a time when this diet made a splash because it helped to lose weight and make the skin flawless, but at the same time, it did not give a feeling of hunger and weakness. An abundance of fruits and vegetables, olive oil, nuts, and a little fish create a rich vitamin cocktail for your hair.
Choose Medications for Hair Loss That Do Not Require a Prescription
We recommend paying attention to anti-hair loss products based on minoxidil. These can be elixirs, serums, and other formulations that can effectively combat hair loss. You can get them without a prescription.
What is a good method to prevent hair loss?
These few tips help you to prevent hair loss:
- forget about coloring and hot styling for a while;
- stop pulling your hair tightly into a braid or ponytail and leave it loose more often$
- review your set of scalp and hair care products. You may need a lighter shampoo, balms with nourishing ingredients, and strengthening masks
- pay more attention to the scalp – massage will be most welcome.
If you notice excessive hair loss, do not panic. Consult with your doctor, take all the necessary tests, and adjust your diet and the intake of vitamins. And if you are prescribed treatment or you feel insecure while your hair is being restored, wigs will come to the rescue! A properly chosen accessory will give you back the feeling of irresistibility, and it will always be with you while your natural curls are on the mend!