After a car accident in Tucson, you need to take a few immediate steps. Start by calling the local law enforcement, and if someone is injured and in need of medical help, call 911. Arizona is a fault state. If the other driver was at fault, you could recover your damages from their insurer, but informing your insurer about the crash is still necessary. Once you feel okay, call a Tucson auto accident attorney for help. Not all personal injury lawyers are the same, and in this post, we are sharing tips on how you can compare your options.
Experience is everything
The scope of personal injury law is vast. It covers everything from medical practice and nursing home abuse to auto accidents, product defect cases, and slip-and-fall accidents. It would help if you had an attorney who handles car accident claims and lawsuits frequently in their practice. You can ask relevant questions, such as –
- How long have you been working as an accident attorney in Tucson?
- How often do you go to trial for car accident victims?
- What is your experience with insurance companies?
- What are some of your top settlements and cases?
- Can you share a few references?
Watch out for the red flags
There are a few tell-a-tale signs that an accident attorney is not the right one for your case. Watch for red flags like –
- The attorney doesn’t keep up with appointments
- They promise a huge settlement in the first meeting
- The lawyer doesn’t return or answer your calls
- You had to wait for a very long time to get an appointment
- The lawyer was a poor listener
- The lawyer doesn’t want to offer references
- They are too busy all the time
You need an attorney who is available and accessible. A skilled car accident knows the value of time, and they will start working early on your case to gather valuable information and evidence. Don’t rush in accepting the settlement offered by the insurance company, and wait for a lawyer to give directions to negotiate further.
To compare accident lawyers in Arizona, check online reviews and testimonials. If a lawyer is known for their work, they will have enough clients and positive reviews. Also, do not forget to ask about the costs of the case. Accident lawyers usually work on a contingency fee, so you don’t have to pay them right away, which is a big advantage.