Baccarat is considered a phenomenal game in the world of casino games. This is a card game which is played with two hands, one is the “player” and the other is the “banker”.
Firstly, we will talk about the theme, the elements and trace a little history of 百家樂, and then we shall dig deeper into how it is actually played.
When you talk about how this game came into the picture, you will find people claiming two different stories. Some will say that the game was presented in France by Italy during the end of the 15th century, whereas some say that the game was originated in the 19th century. Despite these disputes on Baccarat’s origin, one thing that remains evident for many years is; 百家樂 has experienced several changes and many variations of the game have been presented to the world. The three most renowned and played variants of Baccarat are;
- Baccarat Banque
- Punto Banco
- Baccarat Chemin De Fer
These three variants have their slightly different rules and ways to play but the basic theme remains the same as that of 百家樂.
Basically, when you play this game, you will have three results, one will be where the “player” will have the higher scores, the second will be where the “banker” obtains the higher scores, and the third and the final outcome will be a tie between the both.
Different Elements Of The Game
Now, before we go into the steps of how to play this game, let us first get familiarized with the different elements present in this game. Once you get equipped with their knowledge, it will be easier for you to ace this game.
1. The table: To start with, the game of Baccarat has a table where around 7 to 14 people can sit. However, the number of seats is decided on the basis of which baccarat game is being played.
Despite a large number of seats, only two cards are utilized for the game, i.e., the “player” and the “banker”. The players are unknown of their own cards and each one of them is assigned with their own betting area.
2. Betting Zones: Now on the top of the table where the numbers of each player are written, every player will get 3 bet boxes, for banker, player, tie, respectively.
3. The Dealer: He is the person who initiates the game and he does so by distributing the cards among the players.
4. The Commission Box: In this game, there is a box filled with different numbers, this box is called the commission box and the numbers inside are unique to each player. The dealer here gets a five percent commission on the bets that are won on the bankers’ hands.
Each time a player has a commission to pay to the dealer, he will mark it on the number that is unique to the player until the amount is paid.
The Point Value Of Cards
Now that we are familiar with the elements of the game, let us understand how the point system in this game works. Here, 9 is considered the highest score.
- The value of an ace is 1 point.
- The value of picture cards and Tens is 0.
- And, the value of number cards ranging from 2-9 is their own face value.
One important rule to note down here is that once the point value reaches a double-digit, the first digit will be disregarded and then the second digit will become its value.
4 Easy Steps To Ace The Game
Step 1: Get Your Game Plan Ready: It is important that you don’t get caught up excessively with the thrill of this game. You should be wise with your money and set a limit on how much do you want to spend and what will be the threshold where you will leave the game. It is of great importance that you set some boundaries with your cash.
Step 2: Place Your Bet: In Baccarat, you place your bets before the beginning of the game. You get three options out of which you have to choose the one on which you desire to place your bet. The three options and the benefits you get from each of them are:
- The Players’ Hand: If you win a bet on this hand, you get paid even money.
- The Banker’s Hand: Winning bet on this hand get paid even money, or 1 to 1. (Remember that five percent of the commission will be deducted from the prize money you receive).
- Tie: A winning bet on a tie pays 8 to 1.
Step 3: Understand The Mechanism Behind The Working Of Rounds: After the second step is completed, i.e., after everyone has laid down their bets, the game begins and 4 cards are dealt on the table.
Firstly, the dealer takes out a card and places it on the player box, and does the same with the banker box.
Moving further, now if the total point is 8 or 9 for either the player’s or the banker’s hand, the game gets over and it is considered a natural win. All the bets that were placed are paid, if not, a third additional card is drawn out on one or more hands. There are very simple rules on the system of drawing out an additional third card.
Step 4: Understanding Who Is The Winner: After the bets are laid and cards are dealt with, the player who has the hand nearest to the point value 9, wins the game. An important thing to note here is that no hand gets more than 3 cards.
If the game ends in a tie, none of the parties win, and the money laid down on the bets is collected by the dealer and he then pays the winnings.
As discussed earlier, it is important to note that the dealer collects five percent of the commission on the winning bets on the banker’s hand. This is how the casinos benefit themselves with the Baccarat.
Now that you have understood the basics of the game of Baccarat, we assure you that just with a little strategy and tactics you will be able to ace this game.