Shipping a car from California to Florida requires careful planning and consideration, but it’s not the mountain of a task you might have imagined, assuming you’ve planned efficiently. Whether you’re a first-time car shipper or a seasonal traveler, there are a variety of options and considerations to keep in mind to pull off this mission successfully.
You’ll need to begin by considering the various aspects of shipping cross-country and grasping the knowledge regarding the logistics to help you make an informed decision. From selecting the right shipping method to understanding insurance coverage and associated costs, making the right choices can mean potentially saving thousands of dollars—but most importantly, security and peace of mind regarding the safe handling of your vehicle.
When you need to ship a car from California to Florida, top-tier transportation services deliver expertise and reliability to ease your concerns and instill confidence in the safe arrival of your car, truck, or SUV. For nearly two decades, Autostar Transport has specialized in the prompt delivery of vehicles over a long distance, using multiple carrier options to accommodate almost any auto shipping scenario.
How to Ship Your Car From California to Florida
You can count on Autostar Transport to take care of the heavy lifting, but there are a few things you should know about preparing to ship your car from California to Florida to help streamline the initial planning.
Primary Shipping Methods
With most long-distance vehicle hauling, there are four commonly used methods to transport your car. Each has its own unique benefits, depending on your preferences. Consider the following options:
- Open Car Transport: You’ve probably seen vehicles moving between car dealerships or arriving from the factory using open car transport. These are the large trailers that generally accommodate ten vehicles. This method is generally the fastest and most cost-effective method of shipping.
- Enclosed Car Transport: Enclosed car transport entails placing your vehicle inside a large, enclosed trailer. It’s completely protected from hazardous weather conditions and other damaging elements of the open road. If you have a high-end, antique, or freshly painted vehicle, this is an excellent way to ensure maximum protection.
- Terminal-to-Terminal Transport: Terminal-to-Terminal is a top choice for owners who aren’t able to receive their vehicle upon initial arrival from California to Florida or who might be working on a strict schedule. Using this method requires the owner to drop the vehicle off at Terminal A in California and retrieve it from Terminal B in Florida. You have the choice of open transport, enclosed transport, or flatbed transport when using this service, along with the luxury of retrieving your car from the Florida terminal at your earliest convenience.
- Door-to-Door: Door-to-door transportation is just as it sounds. Carriers retrieve the vehicle directly from your front door in California, with a front-door drop-off at your residence or specified destination in Florida. If you’re able to receive your vehicle during the estimated drop-off window, this option is highly convenient, as you’ll avoid terminal drop-offs and pickups.
Initiating the Transportation Process
After deciding on your final departure and arrival arrangements, it’s time to begin booking your transport. Autostar Transport provides the convenient option of requesting a quote online, but quotes by phone are always available if that’s your preference. At this point, you should be prepared with all the pertinent information about your desired move. Generally, most transportation companies require the following information:
- Is the vehicle leaving a residential or commercial address? You’ll also provide the same information regarding the arrival location.
- Generally, you’ll already have provided the addresses during the quote, but if not, have these on hand to calculate the final costs.
- Provide the dates that are most convenient for you and lock in a schedule for departure and arrival. If possible, try to leave a little wiggle room in case the date and time require a slight adjustment.
- Receive a finalized pickup date and time and prepare to either drive to the terminal or have the carrier come to you. They’ll handle all the loading.
- After the vehicle is safe and secure, the journey to Florida begins.
- Depending on your shipping preference, be prepared to pick up your vehicle at the terminal in Florida at the scheduled date and time, or enjoy the convenience of having your car unloaded at your front door.
Additional Tips and Information
The most common inquiry regarding a cross-country move like this is the approximate time to complete the journey. Depending on the specific area of California the vehicle is departing from and the arrival city in Florida, you should expect a duration of between 1 and 2 days for every thousand miles. A rough estimate between California and Florida is about 3,000 miles, so plan on anywhere between 3 and 6 days.
How Should I Prepare the Vehicle?
Make sure your vehicle’s registration and insurance are up to par. This should absolutely be a priority before even beginning the shipping arrangements. It’s generally mandatory to provide proof of both of these items to the carrier before moving forward.
It’s also a good rule of thumb to remove any loose items, specifically anything of high value or importance, from your vehicle. This ensures their safety and security, as most organizations will not be held liable for anything inside the vehicle during the transport process.
Ensure the Security and Safe Travel of Your Vehicle
Naturally, there’s always some level of reluctance when it comes to shipping one of your most prized possessions from California to Florida. And with so many different options on the table, sometimes it’s difficult to discern whether you’re making the right decision. By choosing the right carrier to handle your transportation needs, you can put all your concerns to rest.
Eliminate all of your concerns by allowing an expert carrier to transport your car, truck, or SUV. With 16+ years of experience and over 10,000 satisfied customers, Autostar Transport has a reputation that speaks for itself. For any questions regarding the specifics of the transportation process, including cost, timeline, insurance, or any other inquiries, click here for assistance and further information about transporting your vehicle from California to Florida.