Nowadays, due to changing business environment and cut-through competition, it has become imperative for companies to hire candidates acquainted with the latest market trends and skillset. But when it comes to recruiting skilled staff it is not that easy. Previously companies used to advertise the job vacancies through newspapers. But now companies can find the right candidate with the help of a permanent placement consultant.
It is the placement consultancy that helps the organizations by filling up the vacancies with qualified candidates by knowing the job descriptions, advertising the job vacancies, conducting the interviews, cross-checking the documents, and determining whether to hire the specific candidate.
But the main question here is how to find the right permanent placement consultancy that can help the companies to recruit the right candidates. Here in this guide, we have mentioned some ways with the help of which you can find the perfect placement consultancy for your company.
- Figure out the recruitment needs: The human resource requirement of every company is different. No matter whether you want to hire a contractual, temporary, or permanent placement agency, you should be well aware of your company’s staffing requirements. Figure out for which department employees are to be recruited, what is the job description, what qualifications you want the candidates to have, and other factors. See if your company wants to just have access to the profiles of the right candidates with the help of placement consultancy or do your company also wants the consultancy firm to organize the interviews.
- Do the research: Now that you are aware of the employment needs of your company start with your research for the placement consultancy. You can check the LinkedIn profile of the shortlisted agencies to know about their experience. Always hire the placement consultancy having experience of working in the field your company wants it to work. The reason why it is really important to work with the placement consultancy having experience in your particular domain is that such firms understand your organization’s staffing requirements and thus, add more value to the recruitment process.
It is the experienced placement consultancies who are acquainted with the excellent network of potential candidates that may be suitable for the job vacancies of your company. You must essentially look for a consultancy having a strong and effective network of fresh talent. Also, keep in mind not to compromise quality over just a few bucks. Go through the terms and conditions of the placement agency you are thinking of hiring.
- Look for accountability: The permanent placement consultancy hired by you will be working with you as your business partners. Therefore, you should consider hiring the reliable one that is capable enough to take the accountability. It is not that easy to recruit the right candidates for the right job – several resumes are to be screened, shortlisted candidates are to be interviewed, background checks are to be undertaken, and many other aspects are included. Only a professional and trustworthy placement consultancy understanding the culture of your company can complete all these activities efficiently and timely.
- Consider checking the track record: Before you decide to work with any placement consultancy, it is always recommended to check the track record of the potential consultancies. You can ask them to provide you with a list of the clients they have worked with. Remember to have the contact information of not only current clients of the placement agencies but also the previous ones. Once you have the details of the clients, just contact them and ask them to give an overview of their experience working with the particular placement consultancy. This specific step will provide you the confidence of hiring the specific placement consultancy for your staffing requirements.
- Check the reputation: It is the employees who contribute to the success and growth of the company. When hiring any specific placement consultancy you are handing over the future of your business in its hands. It is important that you hire a reputed agency to ensure a safe future for your company. So, make sure to figure out the reputation of the placement agency you are planning to work with.
- Interview the placement consultancies: Consider interviewing the potential placement consultancies as you would do a potential candidate for the job vacancy. Here is the list of questions you should ask the particular placement consultant firm:
- What placement services are offered by your firm?
- How long your firm has been working as a placement consultant?
- What is the process of the placement consultancy firm to find and evaluate the candidates for the particular job?
- How will your firm update our company on the status of the candidates?
- How long will your firm take to find the right candidate fitting the job description?
Once you are done with all questioning, it’s time to evaluate the answers provided by the specific placement consultancy and determine if it is suitable for your company.
- Know about the fee structure: Every company wants to carry a cost-effective recruitment process. So, they are always looking for the resources that can allow them to hire the most desirable candidates and that too at a limited cost range. Therefore, it is essential to check the cost you will have to incur on hiring the skilled candidate from the specific placement agency.
The company must be aware of the recruitment cost prevailing in the market so that it can avoid hiring the over-charging placement consultancy. Also, you may be tempted to hire a placement consultancy charging much lower than the market price. But you have to be cautious as it can be a red flag. Therefore, be careful of the over-charging as well as under-charging placement services.
Wrapping up it all!
In today’s world, you can find multiple agencies providing services for permanent staffing in Saudi Arabia, but choosing the best one to execute your recruitment assignment efficiently can be challenging. The above-mentioned guide will help you to hire the placement consultancy perfect for your company’s staffing needs.