Sleep is a crucial bodily function. A good night’s sleep is essential for the health and overall well-being of an individual. During the period of pregnancy, sleeping becomes all the more important. However due to the pressure of the growing baby in the womb, it becomes difficult to sleep comfortably. Although no significant discomfort occurs in the first trimester, feeling of uneasiness starts in the second trimester and peaks in the third trimester. All pregnant ladies should be aware of the sleeping positions that would be the best for her and the growing life inside her.
read more : globepredict
Let’s dive into the pros and cons of sleeping in various positions during pregnancy.
- Sleeping on the stomach- Sleeping on the stomach is fine during the first trimester, but due to a bulging stomach, it may become uncomfortable or even impossible to sleep on the stomach in the second and the third trimesters of pregnancy. Pregnant ladies should switch to side positions when they find it uncomfortable to sleep on their tummy.
- Sleeping on the back-Sleeping on the back is not at all recommended during pregnancy and should be avoided at all costs. This is because sleeping in this position exerts the entire pressure of the baby and the growing uterus on the back, the intestines and the vena cava. This aggravates backache and also interferes with the circulatory and digestive processes of the body. Sleeping in this position may also cause low blood pressure, leading to dizziness. Research has shown that sleeping on the back in the third trimester increases the risks of stillbirth.visit here to know more information : topwebs
- Sleeping on the right-Doctors recommend sleeping on the side during pregnancy, so sleeping on the right is an optimal position for comfortable sleeping in pregnancy.
- Sleeping on the left-Although sleeping on either side is fine, doctors consider the left to be the best position for sleeping during the pregnancy period. This position helps in the circulation of blood from heart to placenta, thus providing ample amount of nourishment to the growing baby inside the womb. As the liver is on the right side, sleeping on the left relieves pressure from the liver. While switching sleeping positions, it is advisable to shift between left and right sides for the best interests of the mother and the baby.
Proper Use of Pillows for Comfortable Sleeping During Pregnancy Period
Ensuring proper hours of sleep during pregnancy is extremely important. Use of pillows is highly recommended during pregnancy in order to provide quality sleep and to decrease backaches and other body pains. There are specially designed maternity pillows which adapt to the contours of the pregnant body, thus providing comfort and relaxation along with back support. These pillows keep the body in proper alignment while reducing excess pressure around the pelvic area at the same time.
- During pregnancy, it is important to elevate the legs with pillows to reduce swelling of feet and ankles.
- Elevation of the upper body with proper positioning of pillows helps with heartburn in pregnant women.
- Wearing comfortable and light clothing can be of great help. There are various Maternity & Nursing Nightwear options available that have enough space for your growing belly to keep you comfortable and nursing access will come handy once the baby arrives. Check out Maternity & Nursing Nightwear.
During pregnancy, all women should keep all these important points in mind. Enjoy the pregnancy journey and stay blessed.
Visit here: ynewsworld36