You may be eager to know about Psoriasis Treatment in Gurgaon and get proper treatment. It is considered to be a commonly occurring skin disorder. It develops as red, thick, bumpy patches and appears like silvery scales. The problem is that it can develop just about anywhere in the body. However, it mostly appears on the lower back, knees, elbows, and scalp region.
Other aspects to know
Generally, this skin disorder is not passed from one person to the other. It might occur at times among members belonging to the same family. Usually, it develops in early adulthood. Some people might get affected in several areas of their body. Severe cases might cover large parts. Although rashes do heal, they might only return throughout the person’s life.
Identify the symptoms
It first develops as tiny, red bumps on the affected region. Later, it grows bigger to form scales. The affected part of the skin tends to appear skin. If you rub off or pick the scales, then it is likely to bleed. Moreover, rashes might itch while skin could get cracked and pain a lot. Even nails tend to thicken, develop pits, crack and get loose.
The reasons for its development are still unknown! However, experts are of the strong belief that its eruption might be due to several factors combined together. If the immune system experiences some unwanted issues, then it is likely to cause inflammation. This, in turn, triggers too quick development of new skin cells. Generally, skin cell replacement is noticed every 10-30 days.
What triggers outbreaks?
There are a few things that are stated to trigger psoriasis outbreaks. They are strep infections, emotional stress, some recent surgery, scrapes, or cuts. The good thing is that this skin disorder is not just contagious. This effectively means you are not going to catch another person already suffering from it.
Associated risk factors
In case this skin disorder is already in your family, then there are high chances of you also developing it. Medical experts believe that certain genes tend to contract this issue very quickly. Usually, it develops in adults. However, children are also prone to developing it. Its occurrence is noticed in both women and men alike. Staying well-informed will ensure getting proper, correct, and timely treatment.
Psoriasis treatment in Gurgaon
Fortunately, several treatments are present to cure psoriasis. A few tend to slow down new skin cell growth while others provide relief to dry, itching skin. Consulting with your doctor can help choose an appropriate treatment. Usually, the treatment offered is based upon your rash size, your age, its location on your body, your overall health, etc.
Few common treatments
It includes the following:
- Moisturizers meant for dry skin
- Steroid creams and Retinoid creams
- Vitamin D cream (It is a strong type that is recommended by doctors). Usually, vitamin D present in pills and foods does not have any effect.
- Coal tar (it is a common treatment prescribed to cure scalp psoriasis. It is found in bath solutions, shampoos, foams, creams, and lotions.
Severe and moderate psoriasis treatment
- Methotrexate: Doctors prescribe this drug only for severe cases as it might cause lung problems and liver disease. Patients are observed very closely after their intake. There may be a need to get a chest x-ray, lab work, and liver biopsy.
- Light therapy: Ultraviolet light is used in this therapy to slow down skill cell growth. This treatment form generally combines a particular medicine with special ultraviolet light.
- Cyclosporine: The immune system is suppressed with this drug and hence is recommended mainly for serious cases, those not responding to other forms of treatment. It might however raise blood pressure or damaged kidneys, thus requiring strict doctor supervision.
- Retinoids: These gels, foams, creams, and pills are stated to be a type of drug associated with Vitamin A. They might cause some serious type of side effects like birth defects. Hence, pregnant and would-be pregnant women are recommended this drug.
- Enzyme Inhibitor: Otezla (medication apremilast) is considered to be a new drug type meant to cure long-term inflammatory diseases such as psoriatic arthritis and psoriasis. This pill blocks the specific enzyme, thus slowing down other reactions, and causing inflammation.
- Biologic treatments: They block the immune system, thereby controlling the systemic inflammation related to psoriasis. There are numerous biological medications present that your doctor can suggest based on your particular condition.
Is there a permanent cure for psoriasis?
You need to search for a dermatologist near me to seek the best available treatment to suit your condition. The treatment can help reduce symptoms significantly including in serious cases. Studies conducted reveal that controlling psoriasis inflammation properly helps reduce other related health elements. It includes risks of stroke, heart disease, metabolic syndrome along with other diseases.
Some complications might develop on being affected with psoriasis-like:
- Psoriatic arthritis: It affects joints like the toes, fingers, knees, wrists, lower back, and ankles. It is only 10-20% of people suffering from psoriasis suffer from psoriatic arthritis.
- Low self-esteem, depression, and anxiety: This occurs if your life quality is affected and you are constantly aware of this condition.
- There are other conditions like type-2 diabetes, obesity, and heart disease that are quite common among people suffering from psoriasis. The reasons for its cause are not exactly known.
Are there available home remedies?
If you have developed psoriasis, you do need to emphasize self-care. Take proper care of your skin, avoid other triggers, manage stress, and avail proper medical treatment. Unfortunately, there do not exist any proven herbal remedies or supplements that can help. Before undertaking anything, do consult with your doctor to prevent unwanted side effects. The right step taken can help provide immense relief.
Key tips to follow
Avoid scratching your psoriasis. Rather use an ice pack or cold compress to soothe your skin. There are available fragrance-free moisturizers in the market created exclusively for sensitive skin. You may use them. Do wear sunscreen as sunburns tend to worsen psoriasis. Do practice stress management as stress could simply flare up this condition. You should meditate, exercise as well as spend quality time with known people.