Shuffleboard has always been a top-rated game but the crowd playing it was restricted to the older generation in the earlier times. The reason behind this is that playing shuffleboard does not involve a lot of physical movement. Shuffleboard, which is played outdoors on a table, involves pushing weighted discs along the surface to reach a particular boundary. The player whose disc rests against the desired line of the boundary scores points.
If you are looking to set up an outdoor shuffleboard table and are confused about the process, this article is the one to help you through it. Given here are the best ways to set up and take care of your shuffleboard table!
What are the things you need to know about shuffleboard?
The primary agenda of the game of shuffleboard involves two teams competing against each other. Each team has its discs of different colors, and the setup is marked employing a triangular boundary – each segment of which has points ranging from 10, 8, 7, and 10 off. Any individual or team has to make sure their discs reach a particular segment marked on the opposite side. The game can both be played on the floor or an indoor or outdoor shuffleboard table.
The popularity of the game has risen many folds in recent years. More importantly, the game is attracting more attention from the younger generation. They have shifted their location from game rooms only to indulge in a game that is so addictive. This is precisely why setting up and maintaining outdoor shuffleboard tables is becoming a priority nowadays. While going through manuals may seem an easy task, implementing this in real life is sometimes tricky. So what can you do? Does an article laying down the process to you in simple steps sound like a plan? If yes, scroll down and keep reading ahead to find the most suitable way to set up your shuffleboard table.
What are the considerations to take care of while setting up a shuffleboard table?
Some of the essential things to keep in mind while setting up an outdoor shuffleboard table are:
- Adjustment: For better ease of usage and accuracy, ensure that the table is correctly adjusted after it has been compiled. This means the legs should not be loose or leaning on any side. Having a table that is not adjusted correctly can also affect the game significantly.
- Level of the table: Make it a point to check that the middle portion of the table is concave and that when a level is placed on it, a small piece of paper can be slid under the middle of the level.
- Temperature conditions: The table wood is going to expand on the contract with temperature conditions. The outdoor shuffleboard table will always be more prone to changes with changing weather conditions. So make it a point to check that the concave middle area and the table’s level are not changed.
All these considerations are to ensure that the game is fair and the discs can slide with swiftness. But be assured that all these considerations are made in the right amount. Too little or too much can be potentially unsuitable for comfortably playing the game.
How to maintain the shuffleboard table?
After a while, you will realize that your outdoor shuffleboard table needs maintenance. This may arise due to a long period of usage, temperature conditions, excessive usage, or any other external factor that distorts the table’s alignment or texture. With time, there may also be some other damages that require necessary repairing.
The most common requirement arises due to an excessive increase of resisting forces on the table, which disturbs the discs’ movement. The steps to be followed in this case are:
- You will notice that the discs no longer slide on the table or slide to only minimal distances after considerable usage. In this case, you need to sprinkle a lubricant all over the surface of the table. This will reduce the resisting force and smoothen the surface.
- After the lubricant has dried, the next thing to do is make sure you wipe it properly with a piece of cloth.
- You can also take a canister and wax the entire surface of the table. This can be repeated after every few times of playing.
- The better care you take of your shuffleboard table, the lesser maintenance it will require.
One thing that might be bothering you is the right place to get your outdoor shuffleboard table from. Forget all of them when you avail your product from the pioneers of outdoor sports and entertainment – R&R Outdoors Inc. Known also by the name All Weather Billiards and Games, we have mastered the manufacturing of outdoor games tables from the earliest of times. Our quality, standards, and top-class maintenance services are what make us the ideal choice for you. Contact us by clicking here.